Monday, September 7, 2009

Again- remember you can click on all of these to make them bigger!

This is me eating the okra stew and banku ( the white) --which I made! The okra stew is what contained the stomach and cow hide that I wrote about. The Banku is made of casava bean and corn meal and basically is served in a big glob. Everyone shares out of these two plates, eating out of their RIGHT hand and dips the banku into the stew.

People selling fish at the market
A woman at the market cutting the fish we used in our stew.

Gifty doing most of the work cooking the banku because I was not strong enough
The local sprit tree-which is very important to the traditional faith. I was lucky enough to be taken to it to experience how they pray

http://rebeccasworldadventure.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment