Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hi all!

Happy New Year!

Costa Rica has been great so far. I met Mom and Paula here last week (exactly now actutally), and as soon as they picked me up from the airport in our rental car we headed off on the 4 hour , but beautiful, drive to our resort-- because it was sort of on the other side of the country.

Costa Rica surprised me because somehow I had sort of grouped it in with the carribean in my head, ie. very touristy, very developed, and lots and lots of resorts. This is true in a lot of ways, however as soon as you leave the resorty areas and gdrive accross the country, you do see that as lot of it is still pretty undeveloped and looks similar to bolivia even-- -the housing is generally by our standards more or less a shack, you see the occaisional dead horse lying around on the road, you know stuff like that.

It was fun to see everything through the eyes of Mom and Paula, because frankly I have gotten to the point where I barely even notice the dead horse lying on the side of the road. But everything was fresh again seeing it with Mom and Paula, and the lanbdscape was really stunning on our drive.

When we got in we saw a rodeo going on in one of the towns, that looked pretty awesome. Also, they have horses who sort of do this little dance here and flip out their hooves---- I have to look this up to explain it better because right now it sounds like something out of alison wonderland, Im aware. But we saw that and that was pretty cool as well.

We spent a few days at the touristy, but key Tamarindo, went beach hopping, and volcanicmud and thermal spa-ing--- which was super fun, though we ended up with bug bites all over us from the outdoor spa--- which was not so fun, and then we ended up at Flamingo Beach Resort-- -the resort that I had met the daughter of the family who owns it in Australia-- rememeber? Nina. Nina was there too, and though we didn{t get to see much of each other, it was great to see her again and wild to be at her resort.

The resort was great and so relaxing, and I spent a fair amount of time near to the pool bar---- like literally you could swim over to it in the pool, and then sit in the water and be served. I thought that was pretty cool. And we celecrated Mom{s birthday, as well as new years, in style.

Anyways, Mom and Paula left yesterday, so now I have this weird last week left of my trip. I actually tried to get on a flight home yesterday, or move up my flight--- not because Costa Rica isnt amazing, but because it seems like it could have sort of been a natural end to my trip to see mom and Paula here, and I am starting to stress about things I want to get done before school starts. And I was feeling a little sick again.

But alas, all the flights are OVERBOOKED this week, so I am here, and I plan on having one last awesome week before I go. I spent the night in San Jose last night, and I am headed to the Carribean side of the country now ( the other end from the resort).

Should be great!

Miss you all and will see you very soon!!

xox
r
http://rebeccasworldadventure.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment